The Tower of All Hallows Staining, dated c1320, is believed to be part of the second church on this side.
The second church survived the Great Fire of 1666, althought the adjacent Clothworkers’ Hall was razed to the ground. In 1671 the church collapsed owing, it is thought, to weaking of the foundations caused by the large number of burials in the adjoining churchyard.
Rebuilt in 1674, it was finally pulled down in 1870 on the amalgamation of the Parish of All Hallows with the Parish of St Olave, Hart Street.
Between 1948 and 1954 the Tower formed the chanel of a pre-fabricated church, known as St. Olave, Mark Lane, substituing for St.Olave, Hart Street which had been gutted during the Second World War.